Friday, February 29, 2008

Tremonte - Best Italian in Woburn (yes, Woburn)

So our favorite local hang out just reopened after an expansion/remodel of the bar area. We missed it! We probably go here at least once a month. I would go more, if I were able to restrain myself and stick to my diet while there. I have no will power over mussels 'white' or melanzana with basil crème sauce. http://tremonterestaurant.com/
Tremonte is the very best in town and I would put it up against most joints in the North End. They do standard Italian (Veal Parm, pork chops and vinegar peppers), meats (filet, stuffed rib eye, porterhouse, pork loin, lamb rack), seafood and pastas that are just fantastic. The portions are large and the sides are included (you don't see that in Boston).
We went the other night with two other couples (yes! more people to share appetizers with!!) and everyone was really excited and left completely full and a little tipsy from the cocktails. Rolfe's pork chops with vinegar peppers were better than "mama's". It came with 2 double thick pork chops, multi-colored peppers, onions and potatoes in a mouth watering vinegar sauce. (not heavy or greasy - just perfect) That night I got grilled pork loin in Chianti reduction - with my favorite sides: polenta and sautéed spinach.
Next time you are looking for great Italian - check it out in Woburn.

No comments: