Monday, June 23, 2008

Best Margaritas - The 'list'

So I am putting my 'diet' margarita at the top of the list. I call it diet because I make the 'mix' out of low sugar ingredients. I pull together - fresh lemon juice, fresh lime juice, 'light' limeade (from Minute Maid), light lemonade (from Minute Maid) and fresh OJ. I mix and add until I have the just the right flavor of sweet and sour. I have two margarita versions that are my favorite right now. The first is the basic Hornitos. I plop a few cubes in a glass, squeeze some lime (you never have enough lime) - pour in a good amount of Hornitos (Sauza), some Cointreau and then splash the home made mix. Just wonderful - and potent. So next my antioxidant version....in a blender add frozen blueberries, Sauza Gold, Bluesberry(schnapps), the homemade mix, a splash of pomegranate - blueberry juice and crushed ice. Whirl to frozen alcoholic bliss.

Now on to my list of other top margaritas-
1) The Border (Harvard, Saugus and now Burlington)
2) Margaritas (Waltham and Revere)
3) McCormack & Schmick (they squeeze everything fresh and add a sugar cube)
4) Cottonwood Cafe (haven't been there in a while, but remember them as being EXCELLENT)
5) Agave(Newburyport) - been there once, but those margaritas impressed me.

Stay tuned for Part II where we'll do the next 5 on the list.

1 comment:

~Bonnie said...

u r soooo right... Border Cafe's Margaritas cant be beat!!

check out my pix for some fond memories. ;)

www.myspace.com/bunnipeaceandlove

PEACE & LOVE Always,

~Bonnie
x0x0x0x0x