Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Pre-RedSox Nosh - The 'Bleacher Bar'

What better place to hang out before a Redsox game then under the center field bleachers. There is a new bar/dining place that you can access from Landsdown St. You don't need a ticket and there is no access to the park. There is a large garage door/window that looks on to center field. Pretty cool - you can watch batting practice and other activity. I understand they close the window when the game starts. (they don't want us watching the game for free I suppose)
They have a full bar and pretty decent beer on tap and bottle. The food is simple - think deli. Lots of sandwich options, roast beef, pastrami, corned beef etc. They have the requisite sliders and fries. They don't have any appetizer options. It was a night I was going to be 'bad' and would indulge in Nachos only they don't have them. I settled on roast beef on rye - which I had to send back because they put mayo on it. What?!? Who does that? The second sandwich was pretty good. Susan got the salad with grilled chickie. They gave a good size salad and to my surprise a good amount of well seasoned chicken breast. Definitely will try that next time. Anyway... it is a novelty but I would go back.

No comments: