Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Avila - dinner party !

I planned a work dinner party for 11 last night at Avila. We were NOT disappointed. The cocktails, wine and food were great. I got the crispy whole Bass. It came on it's stomach and stuffed from the top. It was an interesting presentation and absolutely delicious. Everyone else seemed to like their food - from fillet Mignon to paella to veal chop. The apps and sides were tasty. (I especially liked the 'richness' of the truffle mac-n-cheese and the yucca fries). Even the simple roasted beets were earthy and caramelized perfectly.
We sampled several reds and whites - all good. My favorite was one of the Chardonnays (I forget the name)
http://www.avilarestaurant.com/

This is one of the Steve DeFillipo places. It is as consistent and expensive as it's neighbor, Davio's.

No comments: