Thursday, May 15, 2008

Tresca - Dinner Party Part II

Had a second dinner party with work in the same week. We went to Tresca in the North End. This is a 'new' style Italian - that focuses on Tuscan food. They have great home made pastas, meats (grilled) and seafood. I was in a rush to run to a Celtics game so I didn't really 'dine', I ate dinner quickly. We shared antipasti and cheese - that was just right. The bread baskets have really great breads, crackers and crostini. I ate a LOT of this. I tried the Fillet and it was a good piece, perfectly cooked and seasoned. We ordered a side of polenta that was fantastic. It had real corn mixed in and I will steal this idea the next time I make it. Nice touch. I am hoping that anyone that attended will post comments to this as I can't speak for them since I ran out early to catch the game and missed a lot of the dinner experience as well as dessert.

Having Tom harass the hostess (Ray Bourque's daughter) was also a nice touch to the evening.

http://www.trescanorthend.com/about.htm

No comments: